Crease In My Toe

From now on until I come back to the U.S.A., this will be my official web log of my experience in China. Everyday is different and an adventure!

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Notes on a Crazy week

Sunday, June 10, 2007
Recovered from the weekend, stayed home all day.

Saturday, June 9, 2007
First haircut in China. Amazing experience- shampoo/scalp massage and cut for 25RMB. Then took bus then subway to meet up w/ friend CiCi at TsingHua University, which is on the opposite side of Beijing's ring roads. On the way, the train paused for several minutes at a few stations. A few times it even stopped between stations. Once it even stopped in the dark tunnel and the lights flickered off for a moment, scaring some (but not me of course).

Then met up w/ bunch of entertainment types that are friends of Beaver K (one I've met before in L.A., a friend of a friend Jimmy L) at cool place in the middle of an alley called Bed, best Mojitos I've ever had, and sitting on mats, located in cool section of town called JiuGuLou on ZhangWang HuTong, just north of HouHai bar district.

Then off with these people to China Doll, then fish and chips place around the corner, then to Vics until 530am. Thus, the recovery Sunday.

June 8 Friday
Slept an hour from previous night's all-nighter, got back to office for 830a meeting. Worked till 10pm, stopped by new friend Christian L's office at Van Palace next to Kerry Center, where he hosts periodic Poker Games. Lost my money and went to meet co-workers Beldon (w/ G-f Judy) and Kevin at Suzie Wong until 3am.

June 7 Thursday
Worked until 500am Friday morning.

June 6 Wednesday
Can't remember.

June 5 Tuesday
Can't remember.

June 4 Monday
Can't remeber.

These weeks and days go by so quickly. I may have to summarize weekly from now on....

1 Comments:

  • At 5:45 PM, Blogger TheNeedyMother said…

    Ok, now i am CONVINCED that you are having way more fun than me. That's awesome!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home